Human hair extensions are beautiful, soft locks slip between your fingers like silk. You spend a lot of money on extensions to make sure you always get that perfect and gorgeous look. But if you notice damage to your hair extension for a moment, do not just check the quality of the hair extensions, but also the daily habits and environmental factors around you.
Perhaps you would be the deadly enemies of Hair Extensions. So, keep on knowing them and develop habits that can keep them at bay!
1. Presence of pollutants in the air – Smog, smoke, fumes and other types of air pollutants settle on your hair extensions and form a layer on top of them. This hinders their appearance and makes them look dull and dusty. In addition to damaging the appearance of hair extensions, these air pollutants can dry out extensions. So, if you have a bad habit of smoking or if you live in a very polluted area, then it is better to cover your extensions with a silk cloth and to avoid smoking.
2. Bad washing habits – Over-washing and washing your hair extensions can cause serious damage. If you do not wash your extensions properly, they will look bad, dirty, have an unpleasant smell, and appear dull and lifeless. On the other hand, if you wash the extensions too much, this will extract the moisture and dry them. So, the best solution is to wash your extensions once a week to maintain their health and appearance.
3. Using rough and dry products – Your hairdresser should have advised you to use shampoos and conditioners that are moisture-rich, paraben free, and alcohol free. This is because products with a high alcohol content are hard for extensions can lead to serious damage. So, make sure you're gentle on your extensions and use sulfate-free and phosphate-free cleaners. Always check product labels before using them.
4. Cutting or cutting extensions – Cutting or trimming extensions is a good way to maintain extensions. But exaggerating this practice will leave you with damaged hair of short length. If you follow this practice regularly, then it is essential to moisturize your hair using natural essential hair oils. This will ensure that your extensions are not damaged and are free of all kinds of dangerous radicals.
5. Inadequate Handling – You must have brought hair extensions smooth, without cuticle and silky. But if you fail to manage them properly, they will become frizzy, lack shine and even lead to more tangles. Therefore, you must give a soft touch to your extensions. Use brushes and combs with wide teeth. Also use hairpins, elastics or other hairstyling products only when absolutely necessary, as their use may result in the fall of hair extensions.
6. Use of rough adhesives – If you use aggressive glues to stick your extensions on your hair, it will not only damage the extensions, but even the scalp. The use of such glues can result in serious damage to natural hair. It is therefore essential that you use proven safe and secure glues for the scalp. You can always ask for such products from a hairdresser or an expert. There is a range of products of this type and experts suggest using only these products for extension.
7. Use of "hot" styling products – The use of styling iron, rollers, dryers and other similar products can damage the extensions and make them frizzy. These products have a very high temperature, and instead of drying the extensions, they end up damaging them. In addition, it is possible that they can lead to the gluing of synthetic glue on natural hair, which will aggravate the situation. So, avoid using high temperature products as if the hair wigs are badly damaged, so it will be difficult to rejuvenate them.
8. Following an unhealthy diet – Diet plays a vital role in managing your hair extensions. If you consume too much oily food rich in fatty acids, this will make your hair brittle and make it weak. People using hair wigs are recommended to consume a diet rich in omega-3, which is one of the important nutrients for the hair. Plus, you can use a non-greasy conditioner every day to keep your extensions hydrated.
9. Mold Growth – Just like a good cleaning of hair extensions, the drying process is also of utmost importance. If you use or store poorly dried hair wigs, they will remain wet and result in high moisture content. In this case, the molds grow on the surface of the extensions. These molds are bacterial and fungal organisms, which are harmful not only for extensions, but even for your head. So, make sure your extensions are drying properly, especially from the inner sections. If the roots or weft are left wet, then this will lead to the high growth of molds.
Hair extensions are beautiful and are meant to enhance your overall beauty. But to make sure that their beauty and strength lasts a long time, it is essential to take care of them. Failure to do so will eventually damage your hair extensions can even cost you. To learn more about how you could take care of hair extensions . So, if you have bad habits mentioned above, then remove it now and have Brazilian hair extensions that are beautiful and healthy.