Nowadays, many men spend almost as much time enjoying themselves in front of the bathroom mirror as their female counterparts. And why not them? There is nothing wrong with giving nature a boost and taking the time and effort to make sure you are at your best. Men discover what women have always known; When you know that you look good, it is a great reminder of trust. The personal care industry has taken note of this trend and most companies now offer "beauty" lines created specifically for men, ranging from products and gifts for skin and hair to makeup and even short stays for men.
The Importance of Skin Care
- Good skin care is just as important to men as it is to women. Protecting your skin from sun damage and keeping it clean and well hydrated will help you stay healthy and long.
- Wear sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your face when you are outdoors. It's also a good idea to wear sunglasses to protect the thin skin around your eyes and avoid the fine lines and creases caused by strabismus.
- Wash your face twice a day. Men's skin tends to be fatter than women's because they have bigger pores. If your skin is anterior to pimples, use an antibacterial soap or a cleanser. Apply a light, non-greasy moisturizer, such as pure Aloe Vera gel or vitamin E oil, once your face is clean.
- Shaving is very hard on the skin and can leave it irritated, dry and scaly. To reduce irritation and dryness, use non-alcoholic shaving products.
- Exfoliate at least once a week to thoroughly cleanse your face, tighten pores, remove dead skin cells and rejuvenate the look of your skin. You can buy a scrub or make one yourself. Brown sugar and sesame oil combined to make a paste works well as a scrub. Just massage it and then wash it.
Making the Most of Your Hair
Having the right cut, the right style and the right color can do a lot for your image. Go to a good stylist and ask him to recommend what would be the most flattering for you, considering your characteristics, the natural texture of your hair and, in some cases, the amount you have left.
- Once you have a great style, trim your hair every four weeks.
- In between, keep your hair clean, shiny and dandruff free with good quality shampoos and conditioners.
- If you have bushy eyebrows or excessive hairs on your nose or ears, have your hairstylist cut them regularly or show you how to do it yourself.
Achieving the ideal masculine look takes a little more effort than taking a shower, shaving, slapping deodorant and brushing your teeth. But in the end, it's worth it. You will feel better about yourself, you will look younger and brighter and you may even be able to turn a few heads in the process.