1. Your foundation will be as beautiful as the skin underneath. For a smooth, even appearance, clean and exfoliate regularly.
2. If you have sensitive skin and are subject to allergic reactions, be sure to test new cosmetic products on a small patch, either inside your arm or in your neck. If after 24 hours you do not react, you can use the product safely.
3. If you have acne or find that you can not use skin care products without having an allergic reaction or dry itchy skin, make an appointment with a dermatologist.
4. Use mascara sparingly. By using too much, your eyelashes will stick together and form drops. Dip your brush once to make both eyes, being careful not to twist the brush.
5. No matter how tempting it is to go to bed after being late, do not do it. Your skin will thank you if you remove all traces of makeup and apply your care cream before going to bed.
6. Take care of the skin around your neck as well as your face by applying a moisturizer. It's a delicate area that is quick to show wrinkles.
7. Cosmetics do not last forever and the use of old products can cause irritation. Here are some guidelines:
* Foundation – 1 year
* Concealer – 1 year
* Powder – 2 years old
* Mascara – 3 months old
* Lipstick – 1 year old
* Eye pencil – 1 year
* Eye shadow – 1 year
* Blush powder – 2 years
* Cream blush – 6 months
* Moisturizer – 1 year
* Eye cream – 1 year  * Sunscreen – the year
© 2005 Sheila Dicks