The benefits of using home design software can be incredible. Whether you have experience in designing homes or not, home design software can give you a pretty good idea of what the new home will look like, and it's wonderful.
1. Make sure you understand how the software works. Take the time to read the instructions and practice using the software until you are comfortable with all the tools and other options available in the program.
2. Get some books on home design, to make sure you design everything so that it will work and circulate properly in the new home. In other words, do not make your hallways too big and your rooms too small.
3. Do not design a house with engineering problems. Your home might look wonderful on your computer, but have some engineering problems. Do not be too excited, before trying to determine if the house can be built.
4. Once you have a very good design, you will need to make sure that all electrical, plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems work and work well with the design of the house.
5. It would not be a bad idea to understand how houses are built, before designing one. I can not tell you how many architects I have worked, who do not understand how houses are built.
If you have house design software, design several different buildings, before approaching an architect or engineer. A good engineer or architect and even a good general contractor can look at a house design and report potential problems with it. Have fun with your home design software.