& # 39; Sensitive skin care & # 39; is governed by some basic rules. However, before we even dive into the rules for sensitive skin care, it is important to understand what is a sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is a skin that is able to tolerate all adverse conditions (environmental / other), and that irritates easily in contact with foreign matter (including skin care products). For this reason, some products are specially labeled as sensitive skin care products. The degree of sensitivity may, however, vary from one person to another (and, depending on the case, sensitive skin care procedures also vary).
In general, all skin types react negatively to detergents and other chemicals. However, the damage usually starts beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level). This level of tolerance is very low for sensitive skin, which allows the skin to be damaged very easily and quickly. Sensitive skin care products avoid potential irritants or keep them at very low concentrations.
Here are some tips for sensitive skin care:
1. Only use sensitive products for skin care (ie products marked only for sensitive skin care). Also check the instructions / notes on the product to see if there are any specific restrictions / warnings associated with the product).
2. Even in the range of sensitive skin care products, choose one that has a minimum of preservatives, dyes and other additives.
3. Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol-based and are not recommended for sensitive skin.
4. Wear protective gloves when washing or other chemical-based cleaning. If you are allergic to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves under rubber ones.
5. Another important tip for sensitive skin care & # 39; is to avoid excessive exposure to the sun. Apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
6. Avoiding exposure to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself perfectly before going out.
7. Use a non-comedogenic hypoallergenic moisturizer as a sensitive product for skin care (though there is none specifically labeled as a sensitive product for skin care).
8. Use cleansers without soap and alcohol. Clean your face every time you come back from spending time outside the doors.
9. Do not rub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause redness and even inflammation.
10. Do not leave makeup too long. Use hypoallergenic make-up removers.
So, sensitive skin care is very different from normal skin care. Sensitive skin care is more about paying attention to your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection from environmental atrocities on the skin).