Hiring a professional for AC repair service can be expensive, but if you are doing a General maintenance on your AC unit, you can reduce AC repair service calls. One of the most effective and simple ways to keep your AC current based is to change the filter at least once a month. When a filter is clogged or dirty, this will make your air conditioner much more difficult. The purchase of new filters is simple on your budget, will help extend the life of your air conditioner and help you reduce your electricity bill. You must also ensure that the AC fins and coils outside the unit are free of obstructions and cleaning. Sometimes debris such as leaves accumulate around the AC unit, so your unit will have to work harder to function. To clean it, simply use a regular brush and hose, but do not use a pressure washer. This could damage the system with heavy spraying.
Even if you regularly service your air conditioner unit, it may happen that you may have to call a CA repair company. Here are some signs to watch and listen that might indicate the need for service.
• If this does not work at all, look for the thermostat in the "cool" position. Make sure that the cooling temperature is not higher than the temperature of the house or room. If these two things are correct, then it might be that a switch is not disturbed. After checking all these items and your AC unit still does not work, you should call an AC repair service.
• If you can hear it working, but there is no or little fresh air coming from the vents and the thermostat is at a convenient temperature, there might be a problem in The inside of the device.
• Most air conditioners create noise that seems to be a normal part of the environment, but if it starts generating strange unusual noises, you should call the repair service
• If you start noticing strange odors from the AC unit, it could indicate that there is mold, mildew or dirt in the unit. The contaminated air that the alternating current will come out will circulate in the house and could cause health problems. This problem should be addressed as soon as possible.
• The air conditioners are normally turned off and on to maintain a constant temperature throughout the house. If the outside temperature is not warmer than usual, it starts to turn it off and on more frequently than it usually does , Which could indicate that there is a problem with the AC unit.
• You notice that water flows around or in the unit
Source by Lora Davis