People who have big dreams usually get them at a time when two events collide – often a bad experience followed quickly by the realization of a solution. Many family entertainment centers, for example, started with a bad experience at the local entertainment center, followed by the thought "I bet I could handle a better center than this one." With that thought, another entrepreneur is born!
If that's your story, you're certainly not alone. There are probably other motivators in your story:
- A 9-5 job that no longer challenges you
- A desire to do something positive for your family and your community
- A desire to have a career that brings you closer to your family  create something with their own hands, something in which they and their family believe
But once you have that vision, and that the initial enthusiasm for adrenaline fades, many new entrepreneurs think "Okay, where do you start?" ? "
Here are some tips to point you in the right direction, with links to resources that will bring you closer to the official opening of your family entertainment center.
1) Get some numbers
Planning your business starts with finding numbers. How many families are there in the community where you want to open your family entertainment business? How many competitors are already there? How much business do they get on the weekends? What is the age group of the children you want to focus on? In addition, what is the approximate age group of the parents of these children? Your local Chamber of Commerce as well as your Office of the Small Business Association should be able to help you with some of the demographic research. In addition, the US Census Bureau has many tools to help you discover these important numbers.
2) Get a Plan
A business plan is vital for two reasons; It is imperative that you have a plan to follow to (1) create your business (it can take six months to a year) and (2) run your business (definitely plan your first year and consider going to # 39 in the third year.There are many business plans, but fortunately some products are suitable for the family entertainment industry.You can find them by specifically looking for business plans of family fun center.If you purchase one of these targeted business plans, make sure that it understands the trends of the family entertainment industry, examples income and income, as well as spreadsheets with pre-written formulas – all you have to do is enter your numbers Spreadsheets do all the complex calculations.
3 ) Get a location
We do not intend to buy land, but you should find ideal locations and get an idea of what you will face at a rental cost from one month to the next. You can search for commercial real estate websites in your area or (think of your target audience, traffic, popular locations in the city OR low-interest rental locations). outside the city If your business plan included a spreadsheet in which you can include monthly rental fees, go ahead and do it
4) Get financing  Once your business plan is over, it's time to practice your pitch and then arrange meetings with financiers or investors. The choice depends on the type of loan you want to get or a partner who is investing money and owns a part of the business. Your pitch should include a five-minute overview in which you describe your business and why it will be successful. To describe success, you need to explain how it differs from the existing competition, why it will attract your target audience and the expected revenue for the first year and profitability for 2-3 years. Then you will take your financier or investor through the business plan. You will not read the plan, you will summarize the sections as you go through the pages. You want to focus on how you will manage the business, how you will attract customers, when you will be in balance, how you will repay the loan (or when you will start to show the return on investment) and what 5 goal -year is. Of course, you'll want to practice this at least five times with friends and family members. Knowing your business idea inside and out will give you confidence, and that counts for anyone planning to finance your business. Again, there are online services that will help you write a specialized business plan in family entertainment centers and guide you to help you complete it, right up to the exam of the final plan and the framing of the presentation.
Now that you have your financing, you can focus on implementing your business plan. This may seem overwhelming, but there are some excellent online guides that focus on helping you write, present and run your family entertainment center business plan.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Creating a business is exciting and scary in same time. It's an endless journey that's its own rewards. It's sometimes lonely, sometimes surrounded by a crowd, but you'll have to keep pushing until you can make your dream come true. As stated Napoleon Hill "The effort does not fully release his reward until after a person refuses to give up." So, never give up on the dream of your family entertainment center!