If you prefer to send more personal Christmas presents to your loved ones this year, why not consider knitting something special? Here are 10 knitted gift ideas that your family and friends are sure to love.
1. It's Christmas and so where better to start than with a Christmas sweater? Often ridiculed, but now back to fashion through an ironic twist, why not have fun doing something properly festive for a loved one.
2. It's not just the Christmas season that may involve cold weather. In January, February and even March, temperatures drop and it is essential that we all warm up. Why not knit a scarf to your loved ones, incorporating different colors according to the taste and age of the recipient?
3. Another big winter warmer is a woolly hat and it's a good knit, especially for younger parents. Keeping children warm during the holiday season and beyond is always important.
4. A garment that has returned to fashion has been the cardigan, so why not find a knitting pattern that suits the person for whom you are doing it. Older friends and parents may require a different style for young people, but there are plenty of options for you to choose from.
5. It can be hard to know what to buy kids these days, which is why knitted items are a great choice. For babies and very young children, a simple but popular option might be to make a blanket.
6. Another option for the little ones this Christmas could be toys. However, rather than going out and buying your nephew or granddaughter a new stuffed toy, why not knit one? From teddy bears to cuddly elephants, there are many styles to suit your tastes and skills.
7. Knitting is not just for the little ones and the elderly, you can knit a bag that suits parents of all ages. They are easily easy to do with a knitting pattern and what women do not want another bag?
8. To prevent Jack Frost from reaching the toes of his family, why not make a nice pair of socks that will keep his feet warm during cold evenings?
9. In addition to their feet, they will also need to keep their hands nice and warm when they are out this winter. A pair of colorful gloves, or mittens for the young, could make for the perfect gift.
10. As vintage items are now popular among younger generations, one of the simplest but most durable items is a comfortable tea. He could make the perfect gift for the right family member.
With many knitting patterns available, you will surely find something you would like to knit for someone in your family. There are several family websites that can provide you with knitting patterns, gardening tips for healthy family recipes and much more.