Decorating a living room should not be too extravagant and expensive. If you are on a tight budget, you can always do it yourself instead of hiring an interior architect; but if you can afford to hire a good designer, then why not. You can plan ahead and check designs on the internet or magazines to visualize the effect on your actual living room.
Here are some of the popular salon design ideas that you can find on the Internet and in various home design magazines:
1. Classic-Modern Design is one of the most common salon design ideas. Houses that have a classic-modern style design especially appreciate the relaxing feel and texture of the living space. If you have a very geometric or sharp space, it is best to tone it and soften it with textures.
2. The Hawaiian-inspired design is not so difficult to achieve. Always remember key elements: handmade native ornaments and accessories, woven furniture, bamboo and, of course, the original floral prints. If you love sun, sea and Hawaiian flora, you can incorporate these aspects when planning your living room design.
3. Modern Zen Design is designed to relax and bring comfort to your living space. This living room design idea is very popular nowadays especially for people who wanted to have balance and comfort in their home. Having a focal point in your living room and accents to balance the style are the key ingredients. Incorporating a natural feeling by opening the room and letting in some natural light completes the zen feeling.
4. The tropical style brings the palettes of exterior colors. The lush greens and yellows of natural flora are just two of the most common colors you can find in a tropical living room design idea. Choose colors that are naturally found as the color of trees, plants, flowers and fruits. Think of a rainforest or a market full of tropical fruits to inspire your design.
5. The Victorian-style living rooms are plush and chic. You will normally find Victorian-style lounges in Victorian-style houses and hotels. The key here is a sophisticated classic style with a touch of color and texture. The Victorian style living rooms speak of opulence.
Whatever the idea of living room design you have in mind, make sure that it will suit your needs and your lifestyle. Make sure to consult a designer who knows how to handle a tight budget and conform to what you want. And always remember to choose the design that you will enjoy for a long time.