According to the dictionary, honey is a yellowish or mild brownish liquid produced by various bees from the flower nectar. In addition to using honey as food, did you know that honey is one of the oldest and most effective beauty products?
Honey contains waxes, sugars and traces of minerals. It's a natural moisturizer, as well as an anti-irritant making it suitable for sensitive skin types. Honey is found in many beauty products that can be found at your local pharmacy or at your favorite beauty supply store. Some of these products can be very expensive to buy and many of these products can be made at home.
Try some of the honey beauty tips below. Make sure you do not use honey on your skin if you are allergic to it!
1. Honey Mask: Apply pure honey to your face and let it dry until it is dry. It will take about 15 minutes. Once dry, rinse your face with lukewarm water.
2. Bath Body Glow: To moisturize, smooth and shine the body, keep a jar of honey near your bath. Apply honey to your skin and dry with both hands. While tapping your skin, the honey becomes sticky and gently pull your skin. Rinse the honey when done. The results will be great circulation and beautiful glowing skin!
3. Honey Bath: For a sweet smell and soft skin, add ¼ to ½ cup of honey in the water of your bath.
4. Honey Scrub: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a small almond flour in the palm of your hand. Apply gently to your face for a facial scrub. Rinse your face with lukewarm water to remove the honey scrub.
5. Daily Facial Cleanser: Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a little powdered milk in the palm of your hand. Apply on your face to clean dirt and makeup, then rinse with warm water.
6. Shiny hair: To add shine to your hair, mix 1 teaspoon of honey, a pinch of fresh lemon and 1 quart of warm water. Shampoo your hair as usual, then pour the honey mixture on your hair. Let your hair dry as usual. You do not have to rinse the honey mixture.
7. Conditioner: For healthy hair and scalp, mix ½ cup of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Saturate your hair with the honey mixture, put on a shower cap and let it stay on the hair for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, shampoo and rinse your hair as you normally do.
8. Toning the skin: To firm, smooth and moisturize your skin, mix 1 peeled apple and 1 tablespoon of honey in a blender. Pulse mix the honey until smooth. Gently apply the honey mixture to the face and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse your face with lukewarm water to remove the honey mixture.
With the beauty tips above, you can create affordable spa-like products at home. Honey is a wonderful beauty product because it contains enzymes, vitamins and natural minerals. Make sure your honey is natural by purchasing only 100% pure honey to create your beauty products.