Times have changed and notebooks are now ahead of desktop computers because of their portability, high speed and light weight. Unlike the office, the performance of the laptop is directly related to the battery. There are two common mistakes that people make when it comes to their laptop battery. The first is to leave the battery in the laptop while the adapter is used. If you are using the adapter, remove the battery to extend the life of the battery. The second is to charge the battery even if it is not completely dead. It's much better for the battery if you empty it completely before recharging it completely.
Have you ever been in the middle of a sales presentation or taking notes in a class and the battery of your laptop is running out of juice? The average charged laptop battery should provide about 3 hours of power. To maximize and extend the life of the battery during each use, follow these 9 tips to save battery power from a laptop.
- Adjust the power settings – Decrease the brightness of the screen because the brighter the screen, the greater the power of the battery. You can also change the length of time that the notebook must remain idle before going into sleep / standby / hibernation mode. There are different options from 1 minute to forever
- Manage your wireless network – If Wi-Fi is not available or you do not need it, turn it off removing the Wi-Fi card, changing disable settings, or switch to airplane mode
- Remove external devices – Avoid using a USB card, memory card or wireless mouse. Even if they are not used, they use a battery that has just been plugged in.
- Launch one application at a time – This is not the time to multitask. The more open applications there are, the more battery you need. So when you're done with one app, close it before opening another one.
- Keep It Cool – The fan lock on your laptop causes an increase in the internal temperature and an increase in the power of the battery. A common mistake is to place the laptop on soft surfaces, such as your knees. Despite what its name implies, it is best to place it on a hard surface as much as possible. The laptop fan also accumulates, which can cause an increase in the internal temperature. Be sure to clean the blower with compressed air every two months.
- Keep It Clean – Over time, dust and grime can accumulate on the battery, which could reduce the power supplied to the laptop. Make a point to clean the battery connection with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol every month
- Avoid using Adobe Flash – This is a killer of drums!
- Add More Memory – By adding more RAM on your laptop, it allows programs to run using memory instead of hard drive.
- Defragment Hard Disk – Hard disk defragmentation allows the notebook to work as efficiently as possible. The defragmentation tool can be found under the system tools and should be done every two months.
Laptop batteries are expensive and need to be replaced every 2-3 years. the average price of a decent battery is about $ 75. So, follow the battery saving tips above to get the best return for your money. Do you have any tips to add to the list? Share them with us by leaving a comment. Do you know a colleague, student or family member who would find these tips helpful? Be a superstar and send them the blog.