Baking soda is a natural and versatile substance made of sodium carbonate, sodium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate. It's a known fact that baking soda has many uses including cooking, deodorizing, daily cleaning and the best of all beauty.
Many beauty products can be created in the comfort of your own home using an affordable baking soda box and some other ingredients. Here are ten beauty products that you can easily make using baking soda.
1. Relaxing Bath: To create a relaxing bath, add a cup of baking soda to the water in your bath. This will leave your skin refreshed and smooth.
2. Foot Care: To give a treat to your feet, mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub or basin of warm water. Dip your feet for the desired time. Then, create a paste of baking soda and water and gently rub your feet with it. Your feet will thank you!
3. Clean Brushes and Combs: To clean brushes and combs by eliminating the natural build-up of oil and hair residue, soak the combs and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small tank or a basin of hot water. Rinse combs and brushes thoroughly and allow them to dry before using.
4. Exfoliating the skin: To create a skin scrub, create a paste of 3 parts of baking soda for 1 part of water. Rub the mixture in a gentle circular motion to exfoliate your face and / or body. Rinse the baking soda with lukewarm water.
5. Hair Care: For beautiful, shiny, more manageable hair, sprinkle a quarter of baking soda into the palm of your hand and mix it with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo your hair as usual and rinse thoroughly. The mixture of baking soda and shampoo will help remove product residues, which will allow your hair to be cleaner.
6. Whiter teeth: For whiter teeth, brush your teeth with baking soda. Rinse your mouth with water when done.
7. Baking Soda Bath Oil (for 1 bath): To create a soothing bath oil, you will need 4 tablespoons of baking soda, 8 fluid ounces of honey, 16 ounces of milk, 16 tablespoons of sea salt and 4 fluid ounces of baby oil.
In a large bowl, combine baking soda, honey, milk and salt. mix well. Pour the mixture into a warm water bath and add baby oil. Use your hands to stir the mixture with water and enter your soothing bath.
8. Rough Skin: To smooth rough skin on elbows, knees and other areas, make a paste of baking soda and water and rub on the skin. Rinse the dough with hot water.
9. Nail Care: To soften the cuticles and clean the nails, apply baking soda to the cuticle brush. Now, rub your nails and cuticles to get nice nails.
10. Dry shampoo: running and do not have time to shampoo? Mix 1 part baking soda, 1 part baby powder and 3 drops of essential oil. Apply the mixture on the roots of your hair, including a bangs, and comb through. This mixture will absorb excess oils and refresh your hair.
Take your box of baking soda and start creating your own spa type cosmetics today!