Hook has for origin the French word means croc or crook which means hook. A hook needle is used to create a needlework by threading and looping a thread.
In France and Ireland, the hook appeared as a fast-growing cottage industry during the 1800s AD It was said to be cheaper and a substitute for lace around the world. In 1840, the first designs and crochet patterns were published. The popularity of the craft began when Queen Victoria bought with dignity the Irish mark of crochet lace. After the Second World War, awareness of hook and demand grew among home-based trades and, through the use of thicker yarns, they also published designs without lace.
Hook is essentially all needlework
- There is no formal training or rules except for the guideline
- One can even experiment and bring out new patterns or drawings although there is fault, it is recovered more quickly. Here, the hook is a technique that forgives
- while working as a beginner, there are all possibilities to use your imagination and develop new attractive designs
never crocheted to crochet right away
- To start, you can buy a thick ball of wool, without colors, because it is easier to crochet with ordinary thread
- The hook should be the standard hook of five inches. The number of the hook should suffice to the thickness of the wire; you can take merchant advice. A plastic or wooden handle with steel hook is great for starting practice
The art of crochet can be used to make fabric, lace for your clothes, accessories and even coats. The learning is fast and simple. The following are some of the guidelines to read and help you in practice;
It must be ensured that all materials required for this activity are available at the time of assembly. The following is the list of crochet sewing items
- Needle of the eye
- The number of strings depends on the hook model and the loop on the hook is not taken into account
- The hook must be inserted from the front to the back as shown
- The hook must be under the two upper loops on the chain or the point-as indicated or hook front or back loop only
- At the completion stage, only one loop must be left on the hook