Garlic (Allium sativum) is a perennial bulbous plant related to onions, chives, leeks and shallots. The bulb develops underground with long green shoots emerging above. It is a bulb composed of small sections called cloves. The plants are robust, resistant to pests and diseases. Two subspecies are hardneck and softneck. Hard garlic is grown in colder climates, mild in warmer climates. Garlic is grown around the world, with China being the biggest producer.
Garlic has been used for centuries to make culinary and medicinal dishes. It is rich in compounds: allicin, sulfur, zinc and calcium. It contains a rich mineral source of selenium.
Garlic is a common flavoring agent in foods. The high organosulfide compounds in raw garlic are responsible for its pungent pungent odor. Some scientists suggest using it as a food additive to prevent food poisoning. Fresh garlic can kill bacteria: E-coli, Staphylococcus aureus and Salmonella enteritidis.
The way you prepare it for cooking can make a difference, whether or not you receive health benefits. To take full advantage of the health benefits, use it immediately after grinding. Crushed garlic releases an enzyme, alliinase, causing the formation of a colorless liquid, allicin. Allicin is a compound beneficial to health, organosulfur. The finely chopped and crushed forms increase the production of allicin.
Raw garlic is often cooked before being eaten. Research indicates that cooking heat inactivates alliinase, thus decreasing the health benefits of garlic. Some research claims that garlic in the microwave completely destroys allicin. "The Journal of Nutrition", published in 2001, indicates that 60 seconds of microwave heat and 45 minutes of oven heating block the anti-carcinogenic activity of garlic. The crush and let it act 10 minutes before 60 seconds of heat in the microwave preserves some anti-carcinogenic activity. Grinding the garlic allows the joints to work before the heat activates it.
ADVANTAGES FOR THE HEALTH OF THE GARLIC
Anti-viral, Antioxidant, Anti-Bacterial, Protect the Heart, Reduce LDL Cholesterol, Regulate Blood Glucose, Reduce the Risk of Cancer , improve iron metabolism, increase blood circulation, prevent weight gain, stimulate the immune system, reduce atherosclerosis.
cough, headache, sinus congestion, gout, asthma, bronchitis, abdominal pain, rheumatism, stress, fatigue
– Learn how to cultivate l '. garlic in a biological way. Keep the garlic as directed on the package. Keep fresh garlic out of the light and moisture.
– Garlic is available in the form of cloves, capsules, tablets and an oil. It is found in products, with an odor or without smell. Unscented products are made by aging garlic, which is usually less effective.
– Garlic is generally safe for most people when it is taken orally. Know the right dosage and do not exceed it. Use it as directed on the package, by your health care provider or pharmacist.
ADVANTAGES OF GARLIC – (Skin)
Garlic contains large amounts of allicin anti-aging antioxidant and smoothing the skin . Prevent premature aging of the skin. Fight fine lines and wrinkles. Reduce free radicals. Improve the firmness, the tightness and the overall appearance of the skin. The allicin and sulfur content of garlic increases the elasticity of the skin. The sulfur content improves blood flow, giving the skin a natural glow.
Topical use of oil or garlic gel treats fungal infections: ringworm, itch, and athlete's foot. Some people use it to treat warts and corns, but its effectiveness is uncertain. Prevent tick bites. Prevent the appearance of stretch marks. Get rid of blackheads, reduce the size of pores, fight acne.
WARNING! Do not apply a thick layer of oil / garlic gel on the skin. Overexposure to garlic can damage the skin, burn it and blister it. Do not use in case of allergy to garlic.
ADVANTAGES OF GARLIC – (Hair)
Allicin in garlic increases blood circulation to the scalp. Reduce hair loss and stimulate the growth of new hair. Strengthen the hair roots, eliminate toxins from the scalp and improve the texture of the hair. Get rid of dandruff and prevent it from happening again.
GARLIC RECIPE DIY: Add a clove of garlic to your shampoo or conditioner to use once a month. CAUTION! Excessive use of garlic in the shampoo / conditioner may cause drying of the hair / scalp. Add a small amount of honey to combat the scent of garlic. Honey is also a natural conditioner for the hair.
ADVANTAGES OF AIL – (Nails)
– Get rid of yellowing.
– Prevention of cuticle infections.
GARLIC RECIPE DIY: Add a few drops of garlic oil to the cream / lotion for cuticles.
ATTENTION TO THE LILY! is not recommended in all situations. Consider safety tips and precautions before use. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not thoroughly evaluated garlic for safety, purity, or efficacy. All potential risks associated with garlic may not be known. FDA declares garlic / garlic oil a "GRAS" substance, generally recognized as safe for public use.
– Do not administer garlic supplements to children. Consult the doctor first.
– Consult your health care provider before use, especially if you have plant allergies.
– Do not take garlic supplements when you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
– Raw garlic can have side effects: bad breath, burning sensation in the mouth or stomach, heartburn, gas, nausea, vomiting, body odor and diarrhea.
– May increase or prolong the risk of bleeding. It can affect blood clotting and blood sugar. Consult your health care provider before taking any garlic if you have a problem with bleeding or blood clotting or diabetes. Consult your health care provider if you are taking an anticoagulant or taking other medications.