All over the world Christmas cakes are made in too many ways, usually cakes are variations on the fruit cake. The cakes can be spongy, light, moist, dry, heavy, dark, lifted or unleavened.
Ideal cake for tea time with the quality of whole wheat flour.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Fine flour 1 cup
Ripe bananas, mash 3 medium  Peeled nuts, chopped half-cup
Dough powder 1 ½ teaspoons
Salt a pinch
Cinnamon powder half-spoon
Nutmeg a pinch
Butter 300 grams
Vanilla essence 2 teaspoons
Eggs, beaten 5
Milk 4 tbsp
– Preheat the oven to 200 C.
– Grease and line up a nine inch by four inch tin bread.
– Sift whole wheat flour, refined flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powder.
– Melt the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until lightly. Add mashed bananas, vanilla essence and mix.
– Beat the eggs with a hand blender until light and fluffy.
– Add one-third of the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Add one-third of the beaten eggs and mix with a light hand. Add another 1/3 of the flour and one-third of the eggs and mix. Add the remaining flour, remaining nuts and eggs and mix.
– Add milk to correct the consistency of the dough.
– Put the dough in the prepared box and place it in the preheated oven. Cook at 200 C for 40 minutes.
– Check if this is done by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, it's done. If this is not the case, keep the box in the oven and cook another 10 to 15 minutes.
– Cool before slicing
Delicious in serving this hot or cold cake.