The first step towards a beautiful smile is to take care of your teeth and a thorough examination by your cosmetic dentist. The dentist will be able to determine your oral health and any existing oral problems can be treated and corrected before the beginning of the cosmetic work. The term "oral health" is often misleading. People think that "oral health" is a beautiful smile with white teeth perfectly formed and aligned. But it's important to understand that there is a lot more to "oral health" than just a smile. It's a gateway to overall health.
It's the job of the dentist to make sure your smile is healthy and only then would it improve its appearance. You can get a makeover smile that includes a beautiful smile, whitening and perfectly aligned teeth. Usually, people with stained, yellow and discolored teeth go for whitening teeth to get a good, confident smile. You are confident if your teeth are white and people are likely to treat you differently, even in the subway lanes. There are different ways to make a beautiful ordinary smile. Here are some ways to get a beautiful smile:
- The overlapped and crooked teeth can be straightened. Many people have extended teeth and with a little cosmetic work by the dentist, the teeth can be aligned.
- Broken, chipped or worn teeth can be repaired. To repair such teeth, a dental bond may be considered. Plastics and materials known as composite resins are used to fill cavities.
- The spaces between the teeth can be reduced by means of braces.
- Missing teeth can be replaced.
- The natural-looking restoration can be an alternative for unattractive metal fills.
- Stained, yellow or discolored teeth may be bleached.
- The gum line can be reshaped to reduce the appearance of a gummy smile.
Restoration is a process of replacing or restoring a missing or damaged tooth. There are different methods of dental restoration.
- Filling: Filling is one of the dental restoration process. Teeth can be filled with gold, silver or alloys.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are used to restore the shape and size of the tooth. This is a tooth-shaped plug that is placed on the visible part of the tooth above the gums. It also helps to strengthen the tooth.
- Bridges: Dental bridges help bridge the gap between one or more missing teeth. A false tooth can be implanted with natural teeth and called a pontic. It can be made from gold, amalgamated silver, porcelain or alloys.
- Implants: It is a replacement tooth root and is a small piece of metal placed in the bone cavity. A crown then covers the metal part. It helps to reshape teeth and replace a missing tooth.
- Dentures: These are removable replacements for missing teeth. A prosthesis can be a complete prosthesis or a partial denture. A complete denture reflects all teeth where a partial denture consists of a few natural teeth and the rest of the teeth are false.