Many manufacturers produce and sell a variety of software packages for amateur and professional home and landscape designers. All of these packages offer something different, and I hope this article will help you choose the one that suits you best.
CHARACTERISTICS TO SEARCH
- Comprehensive landscape and terracing design software
- 2D and 3D views
- Plants search software to help you choose plants by region
- Smart, simple and fast
- Technology that allows you to create a design that matches your current home
- Fast rendering speeds to bring your design to life faster
- "Build Green" features let you create a design environmentally friendly
- Large Object Libraries – Thousands of objects allow you to build an infinite number of designs
- PC vs. MAC – You will need to purchase software that will respond to your needs, depending on whether you have a PC or a compatible Apple MAC
- Learning Curve – At first you can buy the software with the most features, my is usually these packages are the most difficult o learn to use. You will need to find the right software suite that balances the number of features, as well as a reliable fast learning curve, so that you can put those features to use.
- System Requirements – Always be sure to read the system requirements before making the purchase. If your computer is not powerful enough to handle the package, your computer will slow down, and you will get almost nothing.
- User Reviews – You should be able to find user reviews by doing a simple Google or Yahoo search on the web. Look around and read a few to see what others have to say about the product.
WH WHERE TO BUY
- Local Retailers – Your local retailer will likely provide the best customer service to help you choose the right product, but may not have the lowest prices.
- Big Box and Wholesale Clubs – Usually low on price, and also limited on customer service.
- Online – You can find almost any home design software online. Online retailers can also provide some of the lowest prices, as well as customer reviews to help you choose. Many times, however, it can be difficult to return an item if you do not find it acceptable.
Then you have it. I hope you find this information useful, and good luck with your renovation projects.