Home theater design may be easier than you think; as long as you have your needs and priorities. Establish the overall quality of entertainment you want, decide on the ideal room and work with your existing electronics.
Figure Your Space
Probably one of the most difficult decisions when planning your space is to determine which room you want to use. Here are some key things to consider if you are trying to establish the best choice for your home theater design project:
- Start with the question of accessibility. Is it a family or private entertainment room? In other words, do you want it to be easily accessible or do you want a back basement room for privacy? People set up their theaters at home all over their homes, from guest rooms to main living spaces.
- Similar equipment may actually look completely different depending on the room. From the size, shape, type and placement of furniture, wall and ceiling materials; all the architectural factors of a room affect the sound quality.
- Before deciding to change the basic physical components of a room, simply try to move your sound system into different corners and angles while trying to find the best acoustics. Sometimes an easy change of your speakers will save you money on a complete remodel.
See Where Your Imagination Takes You
Whether you add a room or remodel an existing one, there is a huge variety of different styles and designs that you can incorporate into your design. home theater space. Classic American, Colonial, Modern, Futuristic, Bat Cave … all you can imagine. Remember, this is supposed to be an entertainment room, so let your ideas go wild. Other Themed Room Ideas (They're Not Children's Only):
- Underwater in a submarine, finished with portholes containing speakers embedded in the wall.
- Classical theater set in the early 20th century with velvet rows, luxurious red seats and sumptuous carpets; Everything to bring you back to the days of Hollywood furs and fedoras.
- A sci-fi space ship decor; keep it futuristic and fun.
- The classic sports fan haunt; smear your walls with the colors and logo of your home team.
- The cinematic look of art houses is still popular – favorite movie posters, movie paraphernalia and some lush observation chairs
- The outdoor theater is becoming more and more popular in the Maryland region. Ready to turn your lanai into an outdoor entertainment center?
- The game / entertainment room is another increasingly popular style. Take your good acoustics mix with some awesome movie material, then slide in a pool table and dart board. What do you end with? The house that everyone wants to party!
Do not Forget the Budget
It's easy to get carried away when you try to plan the perfect space for your place of relaxation, entertainment or escape. However, by writing, explicitly, the items you will need to purchase to complete your theme will help you determine the overall budget of your room. Remember, if you go lavish, this room will greatly increase the overall value of your property.