When repairing a broken garage door, it is very important to understand how it works. No matter what type of mechanical device tends to break with continued use. Even the garage door tends to develop problems after a few years. Thus, he needs periodic maintenance and occasional repairs. Here is a brief guide that will explain the mechanics of automatic doors for garages.
Understanding How It Works
There are two important parts: one is the door and the other is the equipment that opens and closes it. Most of the problems that arise with these mechanical doors are because one or the other does not work properly.
Garage Door Repair Tips
When the door rolls over or up, a spring tension is created. Special metal rails are placed at the top of the door to raise or lower it. When the door starts making a squeaky noise or does not move easily, the problem lies in the pull. Here are some helpful repair tips:
• Make sure the metal rails on the inside of the door are in good condition. The rail supports must be articulated on the metal track. Look for signs like bumps, flats and crimps in these rooms. If you find damaged parts, use a hammer to straighten them. If the damage is serious, consider replacing it.
• Check the alignment of the spring and tracks. The two tracks that operate the door on each side must be aligned with each other. If you find something wrong, loosen the screws on the track and put them back in place. You would need tools like a screwdriver and some keys to fix it.
• Make sure the spring and tracks are lubricated. Use some grease to lubricate them from time to time. This helps with the easy movement of the door. Also clean the rails and rollers with a damp cloth. If they are rusted, they can be weak and no longer respond to the simple repair of a garage door, but they must be replaced immediately.
• Check the door itself and look for damage. The door could come off the track because it's no longer solid. If the door is in poor condition, you must replace the entire door. Consider buying a new garage door in such a case.
• Check if there is something obstructing the passage of the door. Roll-up doors tend to stick when there is accumulation of grease and grease in the tracks. Use a flash lamp for a thorough examination. Typically in this case, the door will open halfway and stop.
Caution: Do not attempt garage door repairs with spring and traction on your own. Get professional service people to help repair or replace the tracks. All parts that need to be replaced must be under the supervision of a professional. Spare parts can be extremely dangerous and dangerous.