How to get approved for an apartment even with a criminal record


One of the most frustrating episodes we can encounter is denial of housing. Apartment complexes, which are actually run by property management companies, use a number of factors to determine who should rent and who should not. One of the most common factors that they use is the criminal background check. A criminal story can be one of the biggest gatherings that can be encountered in the process of renting an apartment

The reason why apartment communities ask for an audit criminal history is first and foremost the safety of the community. There is a general consensus that people with a violent past are forced to fall back into their old destructive habits. The concept of history repeats itself seems to be a dominant belief in many places with respect to criminal history and nowhere more than in apartment rental offices

Another reason for which the apartment rental offices perform a criminal background check is to create the appearance of security in the community and, in doing so, have the justification to charge more for the rent. If a neighborhood or housing community has a high level of crime, tenants will not want to renew their lease, which means that there will be more vacant housing and that management must fill (or risk to be censored by the owner). The more vacant dwellings in an apartment community, the more it affects the result of the management because it lowers the rent.

When they conduct criminal background checks, apartments normally focus on convictions for crime. Minor offenses that are punishable by fines are generally not of concern. If you have a crime, you should not be concerned, but if it is a crime, you can get a refusal.

There are two main ways to get an apartment approval if you have a criminal record. The first is to check the nature of your offense and see if you have received what is called a deferred decision. This is a period of probation granted to primary offenders and also known as community supervision. If you have been convicted of a misdemeanor, and got probation, you can go to the county clerk's office and ask for what is called a court filing. This is a printout that shows the offense, the court that heard the case, the judgment that was rendered and the fact that you postponed the arbitration. The print also indicates that you have successfully completed community service without further impact and that you should not be discriminated against in services. You can take a copy of this document from an apartment manager and in most cases they will approve you.

Another way to get an apartment is to get a discount. This is the sealing of your criminal records and can be done depending on whether you qualify. There is an excellent eBook on the market regarding how to get an apartment even with an existing criminal record and bad credit and you can get it at []


Source by Jim Muturi

About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.