Do you feel a bit frustrated trying to get good internet coverage for your new business website? Confused about how to show up on Google and other search engines at all, let alone classify the competition?
Market yourself and gain quick search engine visibility using these simple methods and resources:
1. Make sure to submit your site to as many search engines as possible. You do not know which engines to focus on? The engines with the most web traffic are Google, MSN, Yahoo, Ask and AOL.
2. Make sure to use a lot of relevant key phrases in the content of your website and other sites online. Examples: Oregon Coast Website Design, Manzanita Internet Marketing, Nehalem Website Design, Oregon Coast Search Engine Optimization. Develop a set of the 10 most important phrases and use them as much as possible (without making your content too spammy.)
3. Make sure to include links to your website and other documents in every single publication, as well as in the online list or commentary that you create, as well as in the signature at the end of all your emails.
4. Use free social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and create a blog or two on WordPress with lots of content, keywords and links to your main site. Offer valuable tips and information to visitors … not just a sales pitch, so that they read your messages and share them. All these free sites are listed very quickly on search engines … sometimes overnight.
5. Post ads on sites like Craig's Kijiji list and make sure to sign up on open directory sites like DMOZ. All offer free and high ranking lists with search engines.
6. If you have the budget for a few paid ads, do a quick search on Google for your key key phrases, first. See which sites rank regularly well. If the paid ads from your competitors appear in these rankings, consider buying an ad slot on the same site.
7. Keep posting new updates on your blogs, MySpace, website and other sites. Search engines love fresh content! Sometimes even chronicle your marketing efforts and share your new wisdom and success with others. Oh, and make sure you include a lot of links and key phrases.