When it comes to the mocking Christmas sweater, the uglier, the better it is, especially if you attend a party that is likely to have a contest and you are in the process to occupy the first place. There are sweaters that are not that bad and if you buy one and you think that it needs some changes, then there are simple changes that you can handle yourself to make it even more ugly. To have a unique ugly sweater, you can actually find a plain sweater and make the decorations on your own to come up with a masterpiece that will not be found anywhere else. Whichever path you choose, here are some helpful tips that will make this sweater spin because of its ugliness.
1. Cut out different holiday shapes by tracing felt and using small stencils. You can cut out a letter if you want to spell something on the sweater to make a statement that matches the event. You can be as creative as you want to be with your cutouts.
2. Add a creative gold bead necklace. It is versatile and you will love the extra functionality on your sweater around the neckline and you can even add a bangs or cut a tree to complete the look. A good idea is to take out your glue first on the sweater, then place your gold beads on it and leave enough drying time.
2. Use any other extra Christmas decoration you have on the sweater. You can use bows on the sweater to make it even more tacky and not just on the front part of the sweater, but also on the back. Ribbons can be good for writing words or for use as embellishments on the sweater. You go to the sea and hang glue of small bells and ornaments are usually expected on the Christmas tree.
3. Personalize your sweater by adding a funny photo. It can happen to you or friends and you can complement it with text or cut out letters to creatively add your text.
4. Sew Christmas-themed tights on your ugly Christmas sweater to make it stand out. You can use anything from a stuffed reindeer, to a storage wreath or a Santa hat. When adding items, do not forget that size can determine the end result with larger items filling most of the space. The secret is to select items that will not weigh your sweater.
5. Add necklaces or epaulettes on the sweater. A turtleneck that is in a different color from the sweater can be a great addition to your ugly Christmas sweater. An easy way to add a necklace is to cut it into old shirts before sewing it or simply wearing a collared suit under the sweater.
6. Use different accessories to complete the ugly Christmas sweater look. You can throw in Christmas themed earrings, goofy glasses, socks, mittens, plaid pants, hats, scarves and other pieces that are appropriate.