APMG, the governing body of PRINCE2, recently proposed to students to take the PRINCE2 exams online, both PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner. I have been very interested in this format as it has very obvious advantages:
1. You do not need to take the hassle of commuting to the examination center – be it an ATO training center or a training center run by APMG
2. I am very comfortable with passing exams online – they are usually faster and have more features than paper and pen exams. For example, you can quickly see if you have answered all the questions, flag the questions to review, and review the unanswered / flagged questions – you do not get all that in pen or paper form.
from the recording to the receipt of the results was very smooth.
- You must book your exam with APMG and mention that you want to take the exam online.
- You will receive an APMG email with login information. If your ATO handles this for you, it will receive the email that it will send you.
- Downloadable 10.8 MB size software – called Remote Proctor, and you must allow it to install. Once done, it asks you for the authorization code (which was sent with the registration email).
- After that, he asks permission to turn on the webcam and the microphone
- He then asks you to take a picture using the webcam (the video from the webcam is displayed) and after that, ask to take a photo of your photo ID You must confirm that the photo is clear and can be used for verification by checking a box.
- Then he asks you to rotate the webcam all around the room to show that there is no study material nearby. It is therefore necessary to rotate the webcam correctly and click on "Scan of the finished part". The analysis is then saved I believe for later review.
- Candidates can see an example of a test screen by clicking on a link that is displayed there. You can post a question, change your answers, and so on. as long as the time is up. At the top of the screen, there are 75 numbered boxes that turn green as you answer. At the end, to answer all the marked questions, you can click on the "Next unanswered" button and browse through all unanswered questions.
- The results of the examination are instantaneous.
Some points to keep in mind:
1. Make sure your internet connection is at least 512 kbps. You can test using sites like speedtest.net
2. Make sure your Internet connection is stable – preferably, prepare a backup connection, such as an Internet USB stick.
3. DO NOT store study material in the room
4. Hang a "Do not Disturb" sign outside the exam room
That's about it all. It's a simple and straightforward process that I'm sure I'll pick up in the days to come.