We are often running in the morning during the week, pissed at wanting to be presentable and arriving somewhere at the hour. Or, there is the temptation to go to bed, even with makeup, especially after a long day (never do that). Here are five tips to help lighten your beauty routine while looking and feeling good.
- Use a tinted moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher. I use one with gold stains, which gives a rosy glow and moisturizes my skin at the same time.
- Skip all the makeup, just apply sunscreen, mascara and lip gloss. This will protect your skin from sun damage, and give you a polished look effortlessly.
- Use a three-in-one product that works for your eyes, lips, and cheeks. It should be somewhat neutral, ranging from a rose to the hue of berries. Vary the pressure and use your fingers to mix, so that it creates more contrast than resembling a drastic shade. You can choose to jump eyes and go soft on the cheeks, for example, and add more on the lips.
- Use your fingers instead of a paintbrush. This is good for concealers, foundations and even eye shadows. This helps warm the product for easier application.
- Sweep product with thermal protection through towel-dried hair and dry with the nozzle down. This will push the hair cuticles and tame the hair while giving it a bit of shine. Just pass your fingers as you go, without the need to use a paintbrush.
- After you have washed your face, clean up any excess eye makeup with eye cream on a cotton pad, so that you do not need to wash the eye makeup remover again.
- Maintain good skin with cleansing and hydration twice daily using a proper product that actually improves your skin. Good skin allows you to go with less or no make-up when the need actually feels, while having great looks.