It does not matter if you have a big house or a small house. Your bathroom is one of the rooms that you should invest in as many luxurious facilities and amenities as you can.
Why a bathroom is gaining momentum
The bathroom can be a haven of peace, a place where we take long baths in the bathtub at the end of tiring days at work. Sufficient reason why a bathroom remodel is one of the best things you can do for yourself and your home.
In addition to that, bathroom remodeling gives you a return on investment of 80% to 90% if you ever decide to sell your home. Whether it is a partial upgrade or a complete overhaul, a bathroom remodel is a worthy project to be seriously considered.
Decide on the remodeling project of your bathroom
project, it may result in one or the other of two things: you will have this shiny and tiled paradise of a room you have always wanted to have or you will end up having a messy half old and new bathroom accessories. To avoid the second scenario, you must decide the scope of your bathroom renovation project before starting anything.
Depending on your budget, the time you have and the size of your bathroom and its current condition, you have several options to remodel your bathroom:
- Option 1. Make a remodel of bathroom on the surface. This is an option when your bathroom fixtures, buttons on faucets and others, are still in good condition, but your bathtub and / or your shower stall looks a little shabby. When this is the case, a bathroom remodel on the surface can give you the impression of a new bathroom without the price. This is a great project to undertake if you do not have the budget yet for a complete overhaul. The rule to follow here is: "Cover, do not replace". Replacement adds to the time and costs of remodeling because you pay to have what is already deleted. Covering uses the structure of what is already there and just gives it a new face. Some of the inexpensive items you need to invest in bathroom remodeling on the surface include prefabricated shower units, bath or shower liners, bathroom finishes, and easy-to-install paneling.
- Option 2. Change the layout of your bathroom. Similar to how you sometimes rearrange the location of furniture in your living room, kitchen or bedroom to give it a new feel, you can rearrange the plumbing fixtures in your bathroom. This project is a little more difficult to achieve than a surface remodeling. Bathroom accessories such as the sink, shower enclosure, tub and cabinets are not easy to move and will require the services of a licensed plumber, a carpenter and possibly from an electrician. However, once the professionals have finished, you can save a little money by rearranging things like towel rails and bars, shelves, trash cans and various bath accessories yourself. There will be a bigger change in the overall appearance of your bathroom once you're done.
- Option 3. Be American – Enlarge your bathroom. If you feel patriotic and have space to spare, you can expand the surface of your toilet and bath. It's as American as apple pie. If you only have a shower stall, you can demolish a non-load bearing wall and bring yourself a suitable bathtub. If you already have a bath, pull out a closet from the next room and give yourself a hot tub. No matter the size of the bathroom, there are always options to expand. (A sauna maybe …?)
- Option 4. A complete overhaul of the bathroom. If nothing else does for you, there will always be the final option of a complete redesign of your existing bathroom. Tear all, until studies on bears, and completely redo the space. Among the bathroom remodeling projects we discussed, this is potentially the most tedious, the most expensive and the most disturbing for you and your family. However, if done correctly, you can create a perfect place to escape from your daily life, and add thousands of dollars to the value of your home.
Factors to consider when remodeling your bathroom
After determining the size and scope of the bathroom remodel project that you are going to undertake, there are a few things You will need to struggle with it before the job can even begin:
- Your Remodeling Budget Life is full of the unexpected. That is why most people have an emergency fund. Too often people look at the money sitting in their emergency fund and decide to include it in their renovation budget. This is an error. Renovation projects are a favorite for Murphy's Law. If you decide to invest your emergency fund in your remodeling project, you all guarantee that something will go wrong in the middle of the project that will drain this fund and leave you with a half finished bathroom. If you do not have the funds for a complete bathroom remodel in your account right now, settle for something less ambitious than you can afford and further enhance the look of your bathroom. You do not want to have to prevent the entrepreneur from coming into your house when the project is only half finished because you no longer have the funds to pay the hand of 39; work.
- Design for YOUR dream bathroom This has more to do with design than anything else, but it is the foundation on which your other decisions will rest. To help you through this process, go through the following mental exercise. Close your eyes. Imagine your dream home: the lawn, the fence, the windows, the door. In the eye of your mind, walk out the door, climb the stairs, cross the master bedroom and enter your perfect bathroom. Now it's your dream home . Your idea of a perfect bathroom is completely at you . For you, a large bathroom can be simple; a bathroom with shiny surfaces and all in white and brass for all appliances. On the other hand, it could be something more chic, like your personal spa. The fact is, the idea of this perfect bathroom is yours, and yours alone. Everyone inserted in the project from that moment should be focused on giving you your vision not them. Whatever the scope of the project you have chosen to undertake, the end should be as close to your dream as possible.
- Materials to Use The choice of materials for your bathroom renovation project will depend on your budget and the renovated appearance you want to give to your bathroom. You can choose the color, design and type of materials used for countertops, faucets, floors, shower, sink and other rooms in the bathroom. Whether you hire a contractor or renovate your bathroom, you have the last word as owner on the materials to use for the project, but a lot will depend on your budget. Even if you want travertine marble, be prepared to compromise. Porcelain tiles can be very aesthetic when you observe your results.
A Last Word on Remodeling the Bathroom
Overall, the success of a bathroom remodeling project boils down to planning. As long as you know what your budget limits and the scope of the renovation project are, there's no reason you can not have that tile haven, cool and shiny of a bathroom that you have always wanted.