Remote Desktop Service is a technology that allows you to sit in front of a computer and connect to a remote computer (host computer) in a different location. In other words, you can access your desktop from your home office and use all your files, applications and network resources exactly as you do to work on your desktop. You must leave your desktop computer turned on with programs running and when you get home, you can watch the desktop of your work computer seen on your personal computer, with the same programs running  in several industries for the management of the IT infrastructure. Now, by taking advantage of RDS, new applications or updates can be installed on all computers via a single command without practically doing it separately. In addition, several computer problems can be identified and debugged by remotely accessing the affected computer.
In the field of education, several educational institutions use RDS to provide students with the option of distance learning. Students can learn or watch a presentation or exercise by connecting to a computer at their school.
RDS is also used in the teleworking sector. Many teleworking opportunities are available these days where an employee can work from anywhere with access to a PC with an internet connection.
Advantages and Disadvantages
With the availability of high-speed Internet access, you can now host your remotely hosted software applications, which will allow international companies to easily access applications. shared without the need for IT specialists and leading IT knowledge.
The advantages of Remote Desktop are:
1. Disaster Recovery: In RDS, there is no fear of losing data by theft or disaster, because all documents and files are stored in secure data centers. All connections to your remote desktop are encrypted to ensure that your matches are secure and protected from hacking.
2. Freedom to work from anywhere: This system allows you to move around with your laptop or computer system and work seamlessly from anywhere, anytime.
3. Cost effective: This remote desktop system reduces your cost of purchasing Microsoft Office Suite as it is usually bundled with a remote computer system.
The remote office service, one of the most popular services has some disadvantages, including:
1. Powerful RDS Required: The remote desktop service must be strong enough to monitor all connections. As many computers are monitored through a centralized RDS, the RDS capability must be powerful enough to support the functional load of multiple computer systems, otherwise the entire system will not work. installation may break down.
2. Required RDS Monitoring: Remote desktop service is the primary source of downtime risk. The entire system will collapse if the remote desktop service fails unless an RDS monitoring system is in place.
3. Reliable network required: System performance is entirely affected by network credibility. The entire system will be shut down if the remote office service network is disrupting.
4. Correct fit in the required network: the network needs to be adjusted and dimensioned appropriately just to make sure it does not become the bottleneck when remote desktop services are established.
5. Advised administrator: The administrator must be competent and possess the necessary knowledge and be available during the opening hours.
Monitoring Remote Desktop Services
Given the above advantages and disadvantages, it is imperative to have an RDS monitoring system. functionality, availability, responsiveness and appropriate performance. This remote desktop monitoring system typically generates a real-time alert, in case any problem occurs in the RDS application. This alert allows IT professionals to rectify the error before it disrupts users' systems.