Common Causes of Roof Damage:
Shingled roofs are not compatible with the strong winds of tornadoes and hurricanes. Originally, minor storms cause wind gusts with sufficient force and direction to lift roof shingles or damage a roof with flying debris.
All roofing materials deteriorate over time due to exposure to wind, rain, snow and other natural phenomena and weather conditions. The amount of deterioration depends on the severity of the weather conditions.
Many roofs have minor defects or minor deteriorations. Failure to detect and correct these conditions at an early stage may result in more serious roof damage over time.
Poor installation of roofing materials
The proper installation of roofing materials will minimize the occurrence of roof damage. Even the lowest roofing materials will provide adequate protection against roof leaks, water penetration and wind damage if applied properly.
Emergency Roof Repair
If you need a roof shingle repair or other roof repair, you should hire a licensed and insured roofing contractor or general contractor . If you need to perform a temporary repair of roof shingles before the arrival of professionals, be very careful. Serious injury can occur if someone falls off a roof or ladder.
Choosing a Roofing Contractor
Here are some things you should keep in mind when choosing a roofing contractor:
– Define the Specific Scope of Roof Repairs
– Ask your family, your friends and your local roofing supply house for recommendations and references.
– Get at least 3 written quotes.
– Check with your state or commercial ethics board for complaints.
– Make sure the contractor is licensed.
– Make sure the contractor is insured for personal liability, property damage and workers compensation.
– Ask the roofing contractor to obtain the required permits from the municipal building inspector.
– Do not pay the work in advance.
– Hold the final payment until the work is completed and it has been inspected and approved.
– Get a written contract stating the total price of the work, the payment schedule, the scope of the work to be done, the equipment that will be used and the turnaround time
– If you pay By credit card, you may be able to dispute the payment if the job is unsatisfactory.