I am sure you will have tried many ways to become acne free. The problem that most people find is that what works for you may not work for them. Each person's skin reacts differently and for some people, simple treatments eliminate acne and for others, unfortunately, nothing seems to work!
Here are some simple ways to control your acne problem.
- Have you heard of Witch Hazel Astringent ? This astringent is common in Canada and parts of the United States. The twigs of this plant are steamed and once cooled, they are applied to the area prone to acne. This is a good way to naturally reduce acne reduction without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Astringents from stores . There are many over the counter products that have helped eliminate acne. The disadvantage of these products lies in the aggressive chemicals that can leave the skin dry and can then peel.
- Natural Ingredients . If your skin can respond to natural ingredients, there is no better way to control your acne problem. Look around your kitchen and you will find foods that can help you control acne. Oranges and lemons can be used by squeezing the juice on a cotton ball. The extracted juice can then be applied to the affected areas of the skin. How about removing fresh garlic or raw potato peels and applying them directly to the skin? Both methods are known to control acne. The natural extracts of these fruits and vegetables can help reduce the redness caused by acne on the skin.
- If you suffer from severe acne you may need to take oral antibiotics. Visit your dermatologist and they can prescribe medication. The antibiotic helps to reduce the amount of free fatty acids present in sebum by creating an anti-inflammatory action. The antibiotic helps to reduce the amount of bacteria present in and around the skin follicles.
- Topical treatments are popular. External creams or topical solutions help treat acne. Benzoyl peroxide is an ingredient in treatments. The problem you may face is that the skin becomes extremely dry and peeling may occur. It is important to regularly moisturize the skin to avoid excess peeling.
There are of course many other ways to treat acne. As mentioned earlier, you must try different methods to see how your skin responds. Some people, for example, find the benzoyl peroxide ingredients extremely hard on their skin and are unable to continue topical treatments.