Hair removal in Brazil is becoming one of the most used forms of bikini and is still gaining popularity. However, many people still tend to be intimidated by the procedure. Much of this is linked to a lack of information or misinformation about the Brazilian waxing process. Essentially, it is very similar to a bikini wax except for the fact that all the hair is removed instead of just the hair around your bikini line.
To help relieve people's concerns, the following describes the steps a Brazilian wax:
Hair Removal Procedure in Brazil
- Most appointments last between 15 and 30 minutes
- Always consult the salon before your appointment. Ask them for special instructions before going to hair removal. Many people take 2 aspirins before their appointments if they are concerned about the pain.
- Most salons perform Brazilian hair removal in a private room.
- You will be asked to remove your pants and underwear and lie on a table. similar to what you would do in a doctor's office.
- The standard hair length for a Brazilian wax is 1/4. This length allows the wax to hang on the hair. If your hair is too long, the technician will cut the hair to the right length. If your hair is not long enough, you will be asked to make another appointment.
- The technician will generously apply talcum powder to the skin. The talcum powder prevents the hot wax from sticking to the skin.
- To reduce discomfort, many technicians work quickly.
- A wooden wax stick will be dipped into a hot wax pot and then spread on the skin and hair.
- A strip of cloth will be applied to the still hot wax. The technician strongly supports that the fabric, the hair and the wax adhere to each other.
- When the wax has cooled down, the band will be pulled back in the opposite direction of the growth of your hair, pulling the hair through the root. Hair removal usually starts at the front and moves backwards.
- Some salons offer Brazilian hair removal with a hard wax. It's thicker wax that is peeled off once cooled. Some people say that this process is less painful.
- If waxing is too painful, ask the technician to apply strips to smaller areas at a time
- Once hair removal is complete, the technician will apply all lost hair.
- The technician will pour a soothing lotion on the waxed areas
- Be sure to follow the technician's post-hair removal instructions.
- After the appointment, apply an aloe lotion or a hydrocortisone cream. if you develop bumps, redness or ingrown hairs.
Having this information on hair removal in Brazil before making an appointment makes it a much less intimidating process.