Homeowners often find excuses for ignoring void problems with comments such as "Well, I'm never in" or "I'm not going there so what's the point? despite forgetting that this space is central to the efficient functioning of the house as a whole, that is, your house system. Dealing with these issues as soon as possible can provide the best results. Consider these five important reasons for repairing your space:
1. Save on energy bills. Lock the enemy: the moisture. Uninsulated crawl spaces and dirt floors create moisture and moist air not only in the space but in your home. Moisture and moist air are harder to heat and cool, force your HVAC systems to work harder and longer (and do not last as many years), waste the time. energy and, therefore, your dollars. A repaired and well maintained space increases energy efficiency.
2. Reducing Health Risks Dark, moist, moldy environments such as crawl spaces are ideal conditions for silent growth of molds. The resulting mold spores feed on dirt, dust, dry leaves and other materials; as they blend with the natural airflow up and down in your home, they are, in fact, in the air, the family members breathe. This negative impact on air quality can lead to various unhealthy symptoms and conditions, including allergies, breathing problems, nasal and sinus congestion, and skin, eye and throat irritation. This same dark and damp environment is also causing contamination problems. Pests, termites, rodents Thrive in such conditions and can quickly become not only a nuisance, but also a health risk.
3. Improve home security. The walls that surround your crawl space establish the foundation of your home, the very foundation on which your home rests. Prolonged wet and humid conditions can compromise foundation walls and cause structural damage, making your home dangerous for your family. Home inspection problems could also result. And it may not be just the base that is damaged; Moisture can also block hardwood floors, which increases the risks to safety.
4. Increase the value of the house. A clean, dry and safe crawl space speaks volumes; it's an investment in the future. It shows that homeowners care to maintain all the spaces in the house where these spaces are seen or not daily. This is reassuring for potential buyers and is becoming a strong selling feature. It also means that future expenses for buyers will be avoided because moisture issues have already been resolved.
5. Improve habitability. A repaired crawl space improves the general living conditions in two important ways. First of all, it increases the comfort of your home: in the winter you will notice that the floors will not be as cold and that in the summer the house will not be as humid. Secondly, you will gain more storage space from the square footage of your newly repaired space. Improving your family's lifestyle without major additions and remodeling is certainly worth considering.
Earn peace of mind. Enjoy the benefits of a newly repaired crawl space. And be confident that your house system is working properly from the ground up.