When you see acne breakouts for the first time, your immediate reaction will be to reach the over-the-counter acne treatment products. OTC products can effectively treat acne and prevent other rashes and more often than not, they are enough to solve the problem. Here is an overview of some popular OTC acne treatment products:
• Stridex Pads – They are very effective in the treatment of acne. You can start with one buffer, then switch to using two or three buffers a day. However, care should be taken not to use too many tampons because Stridex contains salicylic acid which tends to dry out the skin.
• Clean and Clear Advantage – This product is a cleanser that prevents rashes by removing oil from the skin. The ingredients in this product are the Salicylic Acid Complex and Acelera, which act to remove dirt from the pores of the skin and prevent dryness of the skin.
• Oxy 10 – This product is a very effective gel for treating acne breakouts. It contains benzoyl peroxide and must be used according to the instructions as it may dry the skin.
• Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Stain Removal Gel – This product is effective for treating mild acne cases and contains salicylic acid. Just apply it on the acne point and see the result in a day or two.
• Noxzema Anti Acne Gel – This product contains salicylic acid and it can effectively treat acne breakouts. Just apply the gel on the affected area and you can see the results in a day or two.
• Proactiv – This is a popular OTC acne treatment product. It contains benzoyl peroxide that kills the bacteria responsible for acne. It is effective in unclogging the pores of the skin and reducing inflammation of the skin.
• Oxy Cleansing Pillows – This product contains salicylic acid and can effectively remove oil and dirt from the pores of the skin. It treats acne by opening the pores of the skin and stopping the bacteria that causes acne.