Have you ever wondered how Hollywood celebrities wear different hairstyles almost every week? How do they do? Well, the secret of their sudden hairstyle transformations are hair weaves. What are the hair weaves? The extensions are one of the hottest trends in the beauty industry of today.
The extensions are additions of human or synthetic hair or a combination of both. They are attached to the hair or the natural scalp of a person through a variety of techniques such as woven, sewn and braided. They need tightening or adjustment as your hair grows on time.
There are many techniques of weaving hair and one of the most common ways is to sew hair braids into very small braids. In addition, here are other techniques of hair weaving:
Tracking or Sewing In
The follow-up or sewing in must be done by a professional stylist. First, your natural hair is braided around your head in concentric circles, after which the stylist will have to sew weavings on the braids. This process will be repeated eight to fifteen times until the extensions are securely attached.
The extensions are glued to the roots of your hair with a special liquid adhesive. In weaving, your hair is separated into small parts before filling your natural hair with adhesive near the scalp. You must be careful when using the adhesive. Use it sparingly. This technique can be tricky and the risk of damaging your hair can occur, especially when removing your weavings.
Pros and Cons
Hair weaving offers a number of benefits, including giving your hair a healthier and more fabulous appearance. Here are some of the benefits:
• For the elderly, they prefer the type that offers a great substitute for thinning hair or hair loss.
• It has the ability to wear any texture without having chemically treated it and affect your natural hair. The weaves create more volume with thinning hair, add its length and change its texture.
• Weaving a weave is not difficult to maintain. It allows you to style your hair quickly and does not spoil after waking up in the morning.
• Since hair weaving can be used in combination with hair transplant surgery, it helps men and women who do not wish to appear in public until successful transplants are complete, which usually takes 1 to 2 years.
However, having one also has its disadvantages.
• Depending on the method chosen, it may result in additional hair loss or thinning. For example, when your weaves are too tight, they can pull on the existing hair and cause a premature fall.
• Too tight tissue can damage your follicles. This can cause a break at the base where it is attached. To minimize the risk of damage or fraying, contact a professional stylist and ask him to apply your hair extensions and take care of your existing extensions.
Longevity and Maintenance
Hair weaving usually lasts 4-8 weeks before a withdrawal is necessary. Return to the salon for a bit of maintenance once your hair has grown to about 2 inches. Since the tracks have also increased, the extensions must be redone and re-attached.